Located very close to Kashmere Gate in north Delhi, St. James Church is the oldest church in the capital of New Delhi. It was built by James Skinner and consecrated in 1836.
St. James Church in New Delhi is built in the Western classical design with a Greek cross plan. Three of the arms of the cross have porticoes, while the eastern arm contains the altar. The central areas is covered by a magnificent dome. This church is open only on Sundays.