A beautiful stepped tank surrounded by 30 temples & 2 hermitages. The steps were constructed in the Silhara dynasty (810 - 1240) and the waters rises from an underground stream to fill the tanks. Legend says that Lord Rama camped here enroute to Sri Lanka. It is the oldest settlement in Mumbai.
- Mt. Mary's Church, Hill Road, Bandra: Popular during the feast of Mother Mary in September.
- St. Michael's Church, Mahim : Popular for its Novenas on Wednesdays.
- Good Shepherd Church 4 Bungalows, Andheri (W).
- Sacred Heart Church: S.V. Road, Santa Cruz (W).
- Wodehouse Church: Wodehouse Rd. Colaba, Mumbai's main church.
- Anglican Cathedral of St Thomas: Horniman Circle, Over 400 years old.
- St. Annes Church, Orlem School, Malad.
- Babulnath Temple: Shrine of Lord Shiva. Near Chowpatty
- Hare Rama Hare Krishna Temple: Managed by ISKCON. Juhu, Mumbai - 49
- Mahalakshmi Temple: Shrine of Goddess Durga at Mahalakshmi. Mumbai - 26.
- Siddhivinayak Temple: Situated at Prabhadevi, crowded on Tuesdays (devotion day).
- Walkeshwar Temple: Legend links it to Lord Rama.
- Jama Masjid: Near CST Station, Masjid Bunder, Mumbai -1. The largest mosque in Mumbai. Has a Haji Musafirkhana (rest house) attached.
- Mausoleum of Haji Ali: Situated in the sea, can be approached by a narrow path during low tide. Named after the Muslim saint, Haji Ali.